Tourism OfficerQuilpie Shire Council
1 x Part-time (Maximum Term) & Casual/s
$30.76 to $38.45 per hour
Applications will be assessed as they are received with a view to appointing suitable applicants at the earliest opportunity.
Are you passionate about our Shire and enjoy promoting our attractions to visitors to the region?
If you enjoy interacting with people and you are seeking a part-time or casual role during the peak visitor season (March – October) then this could be the job for you!
Council is seeking self-motivated and dedicated persons to contribute to the effective operation of the Visitor Information Centre, Museum and Gallery. The successful applicants must possess a high level of verbal communication skills and be able to provide excellent customer service to visitors to our Shire.
The part-time role is for the maximum term to Friday 20 December 2024 and the successful applicant will be guaranteed between 37.5 and 39.5 hours per fortnight working the following rosters:
Within reason, Council is willing to negotiate the above roster with the successful applicant/s.
Council is looking for staff that will contribute to a positive, supportive workplace so if our organisational values align with the environment that you’d like to work in…come join our team!
• Highly developed communication and organisational skills;
• Highly developed time management skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and contribute to team outcomes;
• Demonstrated experience in customer service in providing accurate and timely advice;
• Current Qld ‘C’ Class Drivers licence; and
• Current holder of a Suitability Card – Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian, or
be prepared to obtain this card.
4.00pm on Tuesday 23 January 2024
How to apply
Applicants must refer to Council’s website https://quilpie.qld.gov.au/quilpie-shire-job-vacancies/ for details on how to apply and to view the Position Description. Applications should include an Applicant Cover Sheet, Cover Letter and Resume.