Tourism Officer/sQuilpie Shire Council
$36.70 per hour plus applicable allowances
Please note applications will be assessed as they are received with a view to appointing suitable applicants at the earliest opportunity.
Are you passionate about our Shire and enjoy promoting our attractions to visitors to the region? If you enjoy interacting with people and you are seeking a casual role during the peak visitor season (March – October) then this could be the job for you! Council is seeking self-motivated and dedicated person/s to contribute to the effective operation of the Visitor Information Centre, Museum, Gallery and the soon to be opened Night Show. The successful applicant/s must possess a high level of verbal communication skills and be able to provide excellent customer service to visitors to our Shire. The hours of duty will be negotiated on a casual basis during the tourist season, which will include some nights and weekend work of up to 5 hours per day on a roster system.
The successful applicant/s will be expected to exhibit and promote Council’s corporate values, and this will be considered as part of the selection process.
- Highly developed Communication and organisational skills;
- Highly developed time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and contribute to team outcomes; and
- Demonstrated experience in customer service in providing accurate and timely advice.
- Relevant experience in the operation of a Visitor Information Centre and Museum;
- Experience in tourism promotion;
- Good understanding of places of interest within the region; and
- Sound knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures and an understanding of Local Government
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to P O Box 57 Quilpie, QLD 4480.
Applications should include an Applicant Cover Sheet, Cover Letter and Resume.
Welcome – You are about to start work for Quilpie Shire Council! Employees, Contractors and their staff are required to register and induct through the Online Induction system. You will be required to upload evidence of training and qualifications/competencies, so please ensure these are available to upload. You must monitor your emails following the registration in the event your uploads are rejected (e.g. unreadable, expired or insufficient). Please click on the box below that applies to you.