Plumber or Plumbing Trades AssistantQuilpie Shire Council
Salary negotiable within the Award (dependent on experience
4:00pm on Friday 10 February 2023
Council is seeking a dedicated and experienced trade-qualified Plumber and Drainer, who preferably holds qualifications in Gas Fitting. Reporting to the Water and Sewerage Supervisor, this position is part of a team responsible for efficiently undertaking plumbing and drainage works associated with the construction, maintenance and operation of Council’s assets within the Quilpie Shire. Based in the township of Quilpie, the Water and Sewerage crew are also responsible for the operation and maintenance of Council’s pools, water and sewerage treatment plants and pump stations. The successful applicant will have good oral and written communication skills with the ability to relate with members of the community and staff at all levels. It is a requirement of the position that the successful applicant must be willing to participate in an on-call roster system for after-hours call-out response to emergencies.
While Council is ideally seeking a trade qualified Plumber, consideration will be given to appointing a Plumbing
Trades Assistant, and so unqualified applicants may apply if they have a willingness to learn.
The successful applicant will be expected to exhibit and promote Council’s corporate values, and this will be considered as part of the selection process.
Mandatory Key Skills
- Trade qualifications in Plumbing and Draining;
- Licensed Plumber and Drainer;
- Current Queensland ‘HR’ Class Drivers licence;
- Current General Construction Induction Card; and
- Current Tetanus, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B immunisations (or willing to obtain).
Desirable Key Skills
- Gas fitting certification;
- Other relevant trade qualifications (eg. backflow prevention, restricted electrical, solar & heat pump);
- Current Confined Spaces Entry certificate;
- Experience in supervising and training Apprentices’; and
- Plant Operator Certificates of Competency.