LibrarianQuilpie Shire Council
$62,973 - $73,191 per annum plus applicable allowances
4:00pm on Friday 3 February 2023
Do you have a love of books and history? Do you have a demonstrated passion and ability to engage with a variety of people and groups within our community? If so, an exciting opportunity exists to join our team!
Council is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated person to effectively manage the Quilpie Shire Library and provide an engaging, regular program of events for a variety of community members and various groups within this facility.
Working closely with the community and visitors to the Shire, the successful applicant will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Community Services, this role is responsible for the supervision of Council’s Library Assistant, and in doing so, will be responsible for fostering a positive workplace culture, promoting workforce development and maximising performance through effective individual and team management.
The successful applicant will be expected to exhibit and promote Council’s corporate values, and this will be considered as part of the selection process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and time management skills;
- Proficient in the use in relevant technologies;
- Bibliographic skills including catalogue use, collection organisation and reference skills;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of procedures and practices relevant to public libraries;
- Proficient in the use of relevant technologies;
- Ability to supervise and motivate other staff to achieve agreed performance levels;
- Experience in delivering community events and operations of a public library or cultural institution; and
- Current holder of Suitability Card – Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian.
- Formal tertiary qualifications; and
- Current Queensland ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence.